The PWD is the government agency for planning, constructing, maintaining and repairing all works and buildings funded by the government’s civil works budget. With the help of this article, you will know about the roles and responsibilities of pwd minister Punjab Sangur Vijay Inder Singla.
What are departments are under the control of the PWD minister in Punjab?
The Department of Public Works is divided into two departments: the Department of Water Resources and the Building Organization.
The Public Works Department (PWD) is one of the oldest government departments in Punjab. The organization strives to provide better services to people by acknowledging today’s neglect. This department is doing its best to provide better services with this long-term vision. The Building Organization offers structural safety for all public buildings that use the latest technology and comply with the requirements of the Indian Standard Code. The PWD protects all monuments and heritage buildings under government control while preserving their architectural values, History of beauty, archaeology and iconic symbols.
The Department of Public Works on building and maintenance of facilities for government agencies such as schools, educational institutions, families, welfare institutions Shelter (Judges, Communications, Prisons, Fire and Rescue), Agriculture buildings, Animal Husbandry milking and fishing Tourism and Arts Department of Culture, Department of Labour and Employment and social welfare. The Public Works Department provides quality services for safe government buildings at reasonable prices using state-of-the-art technology and years of practical experience.
What are the duties of the PWD Minister?
The duties performed under the authority of the pwd minister Punjab are delegated by,
- Planning, design, construction and maintenance of government buildings which are state capital assets.
- Construction and maintenance of monuments and memorials within government boundaries.
- Implementation of area development projects in areas approved under MLAs and MPs is a deposit job.
- Disaster construction operations such as the construction of the Tsunami Restoration Project.
- Renovation and restoration of heritage buildings.
- Construction of buildings for federal affairs. State universities, etc., are deposit jobs.
- Conduct research and development of materials and construction.
- Building appraisal upon request of the Department of Surveillance and Prevention and Suppression of Corruption and Judiciary.
- Assess the structural stability of public buildings and issue a certificate of reasonableness for renting private facilities used by government agencies.
What is the importance of irrigation in the PWD department in Punjab?
The Public Works Department in Punjab is one of the oldest government agencies. The many dams are a testament to our engineering skills. The organization aims to provide better services to people by using current electronic governance. The concept of artificial charging is better than water management, and the restoration of water resources by engaging water users in the project to maximize its benefits is well understood. The agency is working hard to maximize irrigation efficiency. They need to link internal rivers to divert water from flooding and increase the capacity of water bodies to provide enough water for irrigation, drinking and other purposes.