So, you were facing issues with your Netgear wireless range extender and had to restore it to its default factory mode? Well, this means that you knew about the risk of resetting your device, i.e. you will have to perform new extender setup. Thankfully, you have come to the right place. In this article, we have outlined the step-by-step instructions following which you will be able to configure your Netgear extender with ease. Read on.
Netgear Extender Setup via WPS Method
This is the most basic and easiest method to install a Netgear range extender. You can use it if you don’t want to invest much time in setting up your device.
Here is how to go about the process:
- Locate a wall socket near your existing router.
- Switch on the Netgear extender after plugging it into a socket.
Bonus Tip: See to it that the wall socket that has been given the responsibility to supply electricity to your device is not damaged.
- Find the location of the WPS button on the extender and then the router.
- Whenever you find it, press the Reset button on both devices.
- Wait for some time.
- Relocate your extender.
With that, you will be able to complete the Netgear extender setup process using the WPS or WiFi Protected Setup method.
Netgear Extender Setup via Manual Method
As per the review that we got from users last month, this setup method is the lengthiest one to execute. However, users still prefer using it as it guides them on how to set up their extenders loud and clear.
Follow these steps to use the manual method for the setup process:
- Connect the extender to the wall socket.
- Hit the power button.
- Doing so will turn on your device.
- Once done, connect the extender and router.
- You are free to use any connection source for that.
Bonus Tip: If you use a wired source to establish a connection between your networking devices, ensure that it has zero cuts on and in it.
- Open your most used web browser on your system.
- In the URL field, type mywifiext.net.
- Press the Enter key.
- The mywifiext.net login page will make its way to your screen.
- You will be prompted to fill in some details known as the login credentials.
- Thus, enter them and click on the Log In button.
- Soon, the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will reveal itself with a set of steps.
- Follow them to put an end to the new extender setup procedure.
Now, you will be able to access fast internet in every nook and cranny of your home.
Netgear Extender Setup via Nighthawk App
If you are one of those people who prefer using small screens instead of big ones, then this method is for you as it requires a mobile device.
Go through the following guidelines in order to feed your brain with the information to perform Netgear extender setup via the Nighthawk app:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- As per the device you are using, go to Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Look for the Nighthawk app.
- Download and install it once you find it.
Bonus Tip: Do not dare to perform any background activities on your mobile while the app is getting installed. It might disrupt the process.
- Create a Netgear account and then log in to your wireless range extender.
- You can do so using the default admin password and username.
- Tap on the Log In option.
Bonus Tip: Want to cross-check the default login credentials before entering it? Well, you can do that by referring to the user manual.
- On the main dashboard, a few instructions will appear.
- Walk through them to wrap up the setup process.
Ta-da! In this manner, you will be able to configure your Netgear extender right from scratch using the Nighthawk application.
The Bottom Line
This was all about how you can perform Netgear extender setup using three different methods after factory default reset. After setting up your range extender, you can now gain access to blazing-fast internet on each of your devices without a lessened speed.
Which was the method that you implemented? Do share it with fellow readers via the comment section. Perhaps they will get some help from your feedback.