We have been reported many times by TP Link users to help them fix various issues with their extenders. Considering the rise in queries of users, we have planned to come up with this post. Here, we are going to give solutions to various queries related to TP Link range extenders. So, keep reading and learn the hacks to get the TP Link extender issues fixed in no time.
Whether you are facing setup-related issues or are bothered by slow internet speed, the guide covers all for you. Keep scrolling down!
Fixed: TP Link Extender Most Common Issues
Below is the list of most common issues faced by TP Link extender users along with their reliable and easy-to-execute solutions. Here we go:
The very first Tplinkrepeater issue hitting our list is tplinkrepeater.net not working. If you are also facing issues while accessing the http //tplinkrepeater.net login address, try the following:
- Update your web browser to the most recent version
- Make sure there are no typing errors in the web address
- Check if you have typed the web address into the address field of your internet browser
- Clean cache and cookies from the browser in use
Once done with implementing all the tips, check whether you can now access the login page of your TP Link extender using the default web address, i.e. tplinkrepeater.net.
WiFi Keeps Dropping
Another issue that is most often reported by TP Link extender users is that their WiFi keeps dropping. In such a situation, all you need to do is:
- Switch to a channel that is least crowded.
- Password-protect your TPLink wifi repeater so that no one can steal your WiFi.
- Disconnect unnecessary devices from the network of your extender.
- Maintain a proper distance between your Tplinkrepeater and devices causing WiFi interference like baby monitors, walkie-talkies, Bluetooth speakers, etc.
Can’t Log in to TP Link Extender
Users also get stuck while logging into their range extenders at times. The problem can occur in certain situations like:
- You have used the wrong login details.
- The Caps Lock key on your system is turned on.
- There is a huge difference between the placement of your router and TP Link extender.
- The connection between your TP Link extender and the home router is not formed properly.
These all are the reasons that might be dragging you to the login issues of your range extender. So, check these all and rectify your mistakes (if any).
How to Update TP Link Extender Firmware?
Firmware updates are important if users want to bring bug fixes to their devices. Not only that, firmware updates can also help in boosting the overall performance of your extender. Here’s how to update TP Link extender firmware:
- Get access to the dashboard of your TP-Link wireless repeater.
- Locate the firmware update option.
- If any new firmware is there for your TP Link, click the Update Firmware option.
- Next, click Apply and let the changes come into effect.
This is how you can update the firmware of your Tplink wifi repeater in a jiffy.
A TPLink repeater can be made operational using various methods. Here they are:
- Manual method – by accessing the tplinkrepeater.net web address
- WPS method – by pressing the WPS button on the router and extender
- Tether App – by downloading and logging in to the app
- Deco App – Some models of TP Link extenders support the usage of this app
These all are the ways through which you can configure your TP Link range extenders. Let’s know in the comments which method you tried to do TP Link WiFi extender setup.
In a Nutshell
Let’s give rest to our guide on fixing the most common TP Link extender issues. We hope that now you will be able to take your internet-using experience to the next level.
No matter what issue you are facing with your range extender, it is suggested that you first reboot it by unplugging it from its wall outlet for some time. FYI, rebooting can do wonders when it comes to fixing various issues related to a TP Link WiFi range extender.